Re: Santa Fe Plug Door Reefers

charles slater

Yes the Rr-47 class cars were built with Diagonal Panel roofs. Did you not get my earlier E-Mail, if not I can send it to you again.
Charlie Slater

To: STMFC@yahoogroups.comFrom: aslmmiller@rcn.comDate: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:31:44 -0400Subject: Re: [STMFC] Santa Fe Plug Door Reefers

Now that we have beaten to death what the Standard Railway Equipment Co called itself , does anyone know whether the Rr-47s were really built with rectangular panel roofs in 1951?I am hoping so since I have a lot of them in my parts bin, but have been waiting for some time for an order of diagonal panel roofs from I/M.regards,Andy Miller----- Original Message ----- From: Tim O'Connor To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2008 3:15 PMSubject: Re: [STMFC] Santa Fe Plug Door ReefersAnd I'm not certain, but I think SRE is not to be confusedwith USRE -- United States Railway Equipment -- which was arebuilder of freight cars during the 1960's (using the easilyrecognized outline of the continental US as its builder logo)Tim O'ConnorAt 8/24/2008 03:00 PM Sunday, you wrote:>Tim O'Connor wrote:>> Correct -- I think we may apply "SRE" for the STMFC era.>> Good abbreviation. The company itself in the 1950s used "SRECo" >in their ads, which I find a little compulsive.>>Tony Thompson