Re: 6 AM yard checks

Allen Rueter

Malcolm,
I have a yard book for the Wabash, Martinsburg, MO, 1/1/1958 to 6/5/1959
Cars 'on hand' in the area were recorded, M-F morning, along with the temp., but not weekends or holidays.
The most significant information, gleaned from it has been, they started
storing cars for grain in mid June, some cars were on hand for six weeks or more.

Empty SAL and ACL cars were going back to FL (covered hoppers)

Some one was shipping on RI flats to the local Implement co.

If I remove all duplicates, I have the following boxcar counts
Wab 90 29.5%
NYC 19 6.2%
IC 11 3.6%
PRR 10 3.3%
CBQ 10
9 CNW NP ATSF 2.95%
8 UP SOU 2.6%
7 for L&N GN 2.3%
6 for KCS C&O 1.96%
5 NW CN 1.6%
4 for SLSF SAL RI ERIE B&O CP MP 1.3%
3 for DLW ACL SP SOOL 0.98%
2 for WM T&P SPS NJII MON MKT LV CNJ CGW CG CEI NCStL PLE GBW C&S 0.66%
1 ACY BLE DTI GTW IHB ITC MILW MNS MSTL NH NKP ONT RDG SSW TNO 0.33%

Gons: 9 Wab, 3 MP, 2 CBQ, 1 IC
Stock cars: 6 Wab, 4 SLSF, 3 CBQ, 3 UP/OSL
--
Allen Rueter
StLouis MO