Re: PRR turtleback cars

Bill Schneider <branch@...>

I would highly doubt that they were confined to PRR rails after the war
since there's an 1947 photo that includes the end of one of these cars
being switched in Mayfield yard (Scranton) on the O&W in Morning Sun's
O&W book. This was reason enough for me to buy one of the Bowser cars! :>)

Bill Schneider

ThisIsR@... wrote:

Good afternoon:
I have been told that PRR x31f(?) class boxcars-the turtlebacks
never
left home
rails. Is this true? I was told they were designed for hauling jeeps
during
WW2.
What happened to them after the war? Thank you.
Richard Stallworth

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
[Become a Better Trader!]
<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=140160.1334960.2924124.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700169725:N/A=486845/?http://www.optionetics.com/free_tym.asp>