Re: PFE reefers

ed_mines

--- In STMFC@...,
Al Brown wrote:
Without having seen the picture, I infer that the "black" cars were
extra-dirty, and the yellow(-orange) patches around the reporting
marks were where they'd been cleaned for legibility?
Without seeing the photo I'd assume that too.

The yellow area aound the reporting marks on the 2 very dirty reefers
is rectangular with clean cut edges. I doubt it would look that way if
someone rubbed or washed the grime off by hand.

I found something interesting which I hadn't noticed before. Adjacent
to the PFE section there's a second, much smaller "clean" area (maybe
for repack data?) which is orange on one of the cars.

I've asked the editor if I can get a copy of the original.

Ed