From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Claus Schlund (HGM)
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 5:51 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: USRA 100-ton gondola car proposal

Hi Al,

TSC #9 has plans for a "U.S.R.A. Standard All-Steel 100-Ton Gondola Car"
on pages 986-7

To my knowlege, this car class was never built.

- Claus Schlund

From: "al_brown03" <abrown@fit.edu>
What would be loaded on a flat car, that would be removed using a
rotary dumper? I'll confess to confusion.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "al.kresse" <water.kresse@...> wrote:

Folks, I'm told that the USRA floated out a proposal for a 100-ton
high
capacity flat car and that it was published in a CBC or journal.
Does
anyone have a copy of the support for the proposal and the GA drwg
or
how detailed it got being floated out for response and later voting?
Or did it even exist?

The C&O, N&W, and Virginian (and maybe Pennsy) were serious about
these
specialized cars built for rotary dumpers.

Al Kresse