Re: colors for Great Northern . . .

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

This reminds of hearing, years ago, that GN modelers had many disagreements about exactly what the GN green really is: is it Pullman green, or dark olive green like the Harriman Lines green, or is it close to military olive drab?
I do know that at least one commercial paint calling itself "GN green" is an accurate match to SP color chips for "Dark Olive" passenger car paint, and NOT to Pullman green.
Can the GN folks on the list bring me up to date on this issue? I'd be interested.

Publishers of books on railroad history