In Praise of the NWSL Chopper

lnbill <bwelch@...>

I just finished scratch building "board by board" a double-board roof
using the latest version of Northwest Shortline's "Chopper" and it is
so much better than the original. The new version has an easily
replaceable rubber mat which is important since it will eventually
become scored by the blade. Just as significant to me the blade of the
single razorblade is held much more rigidly, resulting in a cut that
much more square on the end.

I mention all of this as NWSL is up for sale and as we are learning,
things change when this happens, including things disappearing
altogether.

Bill Welch