Re: MN&S express reefer

Cyril Durrenberger

I am doing some research on the Minneapolis, Northfield and Southern in Minnesota.

At the site listed below there is a photo of  MN&S express refrigerator  911 taken in 1940.  I do not find this listed in the ORER's.  Does anyone know anything about these cars?  Number series, number of cars, when they ran.  And, why would this line have this sort of car when they stopped passenger service at about this time.  It appears that their passenger service was based on gas-electrics so it is not clear that they would pull a very long train.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1036241

Also there is an interesting photo of MN&S reefer 809.  The ORER's from 1919 to 1934 list box cars in number series 800 to 810.  They were not listed in 1939.  There are no reefers listed in the ORER's for the MN&S.  Anyone know what is going on with these cars?

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1036280

Also I am trying to locate a roster of MN&S steam locomotives.  Please contact me off list on this topic.

Thanks,

Cyril Durrenberger
---