Re: wood roofed boxcars

Robert kirkham

Dennis Storzek, in addition to providing a very helpful answer to my e-mail, wrote:
You really need to acquire a couple of Car Builder's Cyclopedias so
you can look this stuff up for yourself. For your era I suggest the
RailDriver CD version of the 1922 CBC for background:
http://raildriver.com
Then search E-bay for a copy of the Kalmbach
reprint of the 1940 book.
Thanks Dennis. I appreciate it - and the advice. If its any consolation, I'm working on it. Age old problem - how to go broad enough and deep enough with a library! $$$ and time. I find it hard to believe, but I only just discovered the Official Guide this year (but that topic doesn't relate to freight cars...).

Rob Kirkham