Re: F-70-7-- possible stand-in for C&EI?

benjaminfrank_hom <b.hom@...>

Elden Gatwood asked:
"I do not know the details of what you are talking about, but sure
would. What, exactly, does this Des Plaines kit model? And you say
they are still available? Why have I not seen them on their website?"

Armand has unecessarily muddied the waters on this one. The Des
Plaines kit has absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject line. It's
a model of C&EI 64000-64499, pre-war AAR boxcars with Viking roofs.
The model is a Red Caboose (ex-IMWX) pre-war AAR boxcar with a new
roof casting. More details on the prototype can be found on this
table:
http://www.steamfreightcars.com/prototype/frtcars/1937aarpdfmain.html

"And what was this earlier C&EI kit from RC?"

This is the car in the original message in this thread - it's a group
of SP Class F-70-7 "look-alike" flats owned by the C&EI that Red
Caboose is offering on their HO scale F-70-7 models. Their website
has not been updated to include the F-70-7 in the HO scale kit
listings.

Ben Hom