The best lighting for kit-building.

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Continuing a pleasant custom, I have been building resin kits at our summer home. I used to build them on the porch (a la Bill Darnaby), but the afternoon zephyrs prevailing in this country eventually caused me to retire to a cozy corner.

A continuing problem that increasingly plagues my modeling is poor lighting- lighting that no matter how bright creates blinding shadows and stark contrasts that commonly stretches 5 minute tasks into maddening and quite tedious marathons.

I ask the good kit builders on this list what ideal portable shadowless lighting, or lighting arrangements that they are finding ideal for their kit building work stations? Keep in mind that older eyes require higher light levels, and they are unable to accommodate to light level changes very well.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA