From: jerryglow2 <jerryglow@comcast.net>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:17:18 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: The best lighting for kit-building.

I used to host a small group of modelers to meet at my shop, go out
to dinner, then come back to build our own models at "work stations"
around the room. One of them brought his own Ott light in a briefcase
and set it up for himself. I believe these are available commercially
and the bulb itself from Champ Decals.

Jerry Glow

&#92;--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, Denny Anspach <danspach@.. .> wrote:

Continuing a pleasant custom, I have been building resin kits at
our
summer home. I used to build them on the porch (a la Bill
Darnaby),
but the afternoon zephyrs prevailing in this country eventually
caused
me to retire to a cozy corner.

A continuing problem that increasingly plagues my modeling is
poor
lighting- lighting that no matter how bright creates blinding
shadows
and stark contrasts that commonly stretches 5 minute tasks into
maddening and quite tedious marathons.

I ask the good kit builders on this list what ideal portable
shadowless lighting, or lighting arrangements that they are
finding
ideal for their kit building work stations? Keep in mind that
older
eyes require higher light levels, and they are unable to
accommodate
to light level changes very well.

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD