IM 12 panel box car ends (was youngstown 4/6/6 doors)

Matt S.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Haas &#92;(G2&#92;)" <Goatfisher2@...> wrote:

Note that Intermountain has cast two different ends for the 12 panel kit over
the years. Early models were a "4/3/thin" , later are a 4/3/0. Also, on some
series produced at the GN's St. Cloud shops, the top "rolling pin" on the
middle "3" panel is flat all the way across the bottom.

I noticed that Intermountain had two different ends also...Any idea why the change??? There
were certainly more GN and SP&S cars that were built with the "skinny rib" EID end...

Also, the ribs on the version w/o the "skinny" rib on top do not appear to me to be as "crisp"
as the one with the "skinny rib"...

Matt Sugerman,
Ft Worth, TX