Re: The best lighting for kit-building.

Steve Lucas <stevelucas3@...>

I use a swing-arm fixture with a 13w compact flourescent lamp screwed
into it. The compact flourescent "bulb" gives off a lot less heat
than a standard light bulb.

So far, at the age of 48, I'm lucky enough not to need anything
brighter, but higher-wattage compact flourescents are readily
available.

Steve Lucas.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, timboconnor@... wrote:

Denny

I don't know how "portable" you want, but I use swing-arm lights
that
clamp to my work table. These are 200w Halogens with a low-hi mode
switch. I also have a magnifier light that takes a compact
flourescent
(don't want to burn myself getting that close). Neither one cost
much,
I think I got them both at Staples. The Halogens are quite tall, so
the
top of my head doesn't get cooked...

Tim O'

From: Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

I ask the good kit builders on this list what ideal portable
shadowless lighting, or lighting arrangements that they are
finding
ideal for their kit building work stations? Keep in mind that
older
eyes require higher light levels, and they are unable to
accommodate
to light level changes very well.

Denny