From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Kevin
Sprayberry
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 2:27 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] 53 1/2ft gonThrall Car

Well, I would like to know which roads had them, But my real question is do
these cars fit into the steam era or were they to late. When were the first
ones built?

-Kevin

--- On Fri, 9/26/08, water.kresse@...
<mailto:water.kresse%40comcast.net> <water.kresse@...

From: water.kresse@... <mailto:water.kresse%40comcast.net>
<water.kresse@... <mailto:water.kresse%40comcast.net> >
To: STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 2:12 PM

Which railroads had them?

C&O/B&O bought Thrall box car kits for DuBois in the late-60s.
.

Al Kresse

From: "csxt5555" <csxt5555@yahoo. com>
Can somebody shed some light on the Thrall Car 53 1/2 ft gon? These
cars were welded had 14 ribs and I believe they were produced around
1960?? Was this car produced any earlier than this? Does anyone know
if there was a preceeding model with the same basic design that will
fit into the late steam era?

Thanks
Kevin