From: Rob Kirkham
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] "Different" flat load

That's interesting. I've seen similar loads also destined for Ford Motor
Co. on the CPR and GNR, both near Vancouver, B.C. They must have been
buying everywhere. See related photos at the Vancouver Public Library site:
<http://www3.vpl.vancouver.bc.ca/spe/histphotos/photos-search.htm> and
search for 3692, 5941, 5941A, 4098, 4098A, 4098C. Now that kind of buying
surge would surely skew your freight car distribution in New Jersey or
Eastern USA wouldn't it! (personally, while the captions mention New
Jersey, I could see those being a reference to the head office, and the
actual destination could be the Rouge Plant or some other behemoth - can't
recall when those were built.

Rob Kirkham