From: Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] F&C UP PS-0 box car
To: STMFC@...
Date: Sunday, September 28, 2008, 1:39 PM

On Sep 28, 2008, at 10:47 AM, cj riley wrote:

I have been poking around the archives and other sites with no
luck. Can anyone tell me the correct trucks for this model?

These cars were originally leased from Pullman and had no UP class

designation, but when the UP later purchased they they became classes

B-50-34 and B-50-35. There's a builder's photo of one in Terry

Metcalfe's UP freight car book (now, unfortunately, long out of

print) which shows them with AAR self-aligning spring-plankless

trucks. The closest HO scale match I can find is the Life-Like AAR

truck; side frames and bolster ends look right, though the journal

boxes are a bit oversize.

Richard Hendrickson