Re: Eastern States Farmers Exchange reefers

Donald B. Valentine

Hi Fred,

The Eastern States Farmers Exchange operated almost exclusively in
Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and
Pennsylvania. I am not aware of them having had any operations in Rhode
Island or New Jersey but my members handbook (my family were members
for some years) is packed away at the moment. The cars would have
ranged at least as far west as Buffalo, N.Y. and central Pennsylvania.
Anything is possible but I doubt they would have strayed far out of the
region very often, though I seem to recall something in Delaware as
well.

Hope this helps as this was definitely a steam and early transition era
outfit.

Don Valentine

--- In STMFC@..., "Fred Mullins" <fmullins@...> wrote:

Can anybody tell me when the years these cars were used in rail
service
and was it a local area or did they roam all across the country?
thanks
Fred Mullins