From: Donald B. Valentine <riverman_vt@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Eastern States Farmers Exchange reefers
To: STMFC@...
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 8:00 PM

Hi Fred,

The Eastern States Farmers Exchange operated almost exclusively in

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and

Pennsylvania. I am not aware of them having had any operations in Rhode

Island or New Jersey but my members handbook (my family were members

for some years) is packed away at the moment. The cars would have

ranged at least as far west as Buffalo, N.Y. and central Pennsylvania.

Anything is possible but I doubt they would have strayed far out of the

region very often, though I seem to recall something in Delaware as

well.

Hope this helps as this was definitely a steam and early transition era

outfit.

Don Valentine

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups. com, "Fred Mullins" <fmullins@.. .> wrote:

Can anybody tell me when the years these cars were used in rail
service

and was it a local area or did they roam all across the country?
thanks
Fred Mullins