Re: Paint Failure on Outside Metal Roofs

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Walter M. Clark wrote:
A follow-up: regarding the 1937 AAR house cars, about how long, on average (I'm only asking for a reasonably close guess here <g>) did it take for the paint to begin failing? I'm (eventually) building several Red Caboose 1937 AAR box cars, both corner types, and am modeling November 1941.
Gosh, Walter, it must have varied <g>. But I'd guess that few 1937-design cars were showing much paint failure by 1941 (and remember that not all 1937 designs were BUILT in that year).

Publishers of books on railroad history