Re: HO USRA Gondola Decals Source?

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:45 AM, parkcitybranch wrote:

Does anyone know of a company that makes decal sets for a composite
USRA gondola? I would like to have an Oriental Limited model painted
but can't locate any decals for the car. Ideally I would like a
roadname that still rostered non-rebuilt usra gondolas in 1942.
Thanks.

Jason Sanford

Jason, most USRA gons had been rebuilt or modified by 1942, but RRs
that still had them in original condition included (in addition to
the SP, as pointed out by Tony Thompson) the L&N, M&StL (which bought
a bunch second-hand from the L&N), KCS, NS, L&M, and Frisco (some
cars; others were rebuilt).

Richard Hendrickson