Re: New HO scale 70-ton flatcar

mcindoefalls

--- In STMFC@..., Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
wrote:

As noted by Ed Hawkins,
the sides were different and, I will add, the 70 ton cars had 14
stake pockets while the 50 ton cars had 15 per side. The four road
names of IM's initial introduction are all authentic, and other RRs
that rostered AAR 70 ton flats included the Santa Fe, New York
Central, and Wabash, models of which will doubtless be coming from IM
in later production runs.
Thank you, Richard, I thought there was a difference in the stake
pockets but couldn't remember what it was. Santa Fe is among the
initial road names offered by IM; the others are New Haven 17352, Erie
8000, and B&O. (I can't read the Santa Fe and B&O road numbers on the
artwork.)

Walt Lankenau