Re: HO USRA Gondola Decals Source?

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 13, 2008, at 12:18 PM, spsalso wrote:

I've got a Precision USRA gon that came painted for NYC. It's my
impression that these NYC cars weren't around in unmodified form in
the era I'm interested in (1945 on).

Correct. The last of the NYC's original USRA composite gondolas were
rebuilt as all steel cars in the early 1930s.

I would like to repaint it for
M&StL or Frisco because the above quote. I, so far, haven't found
photos for lettering. Can anyone direct me? I would think that both
would have been painted one of the many variants of "freight car
red". Does anyone disagree?

Ed, I have in-service photos of both Frisco and M&StL cars which I
can scan for you and send off-list.

Richard Hendrickson