Re: New HO scale 70-ton flatcar

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 14, 2008, at 8:50 AM, tgregmrtn@... wrote:

Richard,

If I am not mistaken the bolster and supports were visible on?top
of the deck as well, making the decking itself "fit" around the
exposed members, correct? Whereas the 50-ton car has the deck
sheathing continuous without interuption.

Correct. I didn't mention it because Ed Hawkins had already pointed
it out.

Richard, as we have discussed, this is an important car that has
been missing from the plastic offerings.

Agreed. It's was the only AAR recommended-practice/war emergency
design that hadn't already been modeled in styrene.

Richard Hendrickson