Re: alternate standard twin offset hopper?

Tim O'Connor

Jim

I'm sure there is more than one person here who'd like to
know what difficulty you encountered with this technique.
I think Martin got the idea from Jack Spencer who rebuilt
some hoppers with embossed mylar overlays and they turned
out magnificently. It seems like a good idea... did it not
turn out as planned?

Tim O'Connor

At 10/14/2008 09:23 PM Tuesday, you wrote:
Five years ago Sunshine did a mini-kit for this car with very thin side
castings to be overlaid over a sanded down Atlas hopper. I built one as a
sample for Martin and have another I'll never build. It's available for $5
if anyone wants it. Contact me OFF LIST if you want more info.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon