Re: Piedmont & Northern Caboose

Frank Valoczy <destron@...>

The Greenwood Railroad Historical Center
(http://www.themuseum-greenwood.org/train.shtml)

is at 106 Main Street in Greenwood, SC. According to the website,
they're open Saturdays 11 to 4 April through October, "weather
permitting", $5 for adults, $2 for kids/seniors/students.

I too would be very interested in seeing photos of the P&N caboose (as
well as the P&N office car that's at Greenwood museum ("Carolina"),
and the interurban car #2102), especially if there could be detail
photos to make a good model with!

Eric, if you want info on the P&N's freight cars, please look at not
the last but the issue before last, that has part one of a P&N freight
car article, covering boxcars; part two will follow in the next issue
to come out, and will cover all other freight cars plus MoW - no
cabooses though.

Regards,

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, Bob McCarthy <thesupplycar@...> wrote:

Eric,

Send me a lead on the museum address and website. I will get
startedon the research immediately.

Bob
803-429-1811 1000-2300hrs daily
The mighty Central of Georgia in scale S.

From: Eric Hiser <ehiser@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Piedmont & Northern Caboose
To: STMFC@yahoogroups. com
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008, 3:43 AM

I am looking for a photograph of a Piedmont & Northern Caboose,
preferably
during the early part of the 20th Century. I have checked the P&N
book, but
the photo in it is not very helpful. I know that there is a preserved
caboose at the Railroad Historical Center in Greenwood, SC, but they
do not
have a photo of any of the equipment on the webpage. Does anyone have a
photo that they could share or a reference to where one may be? It
would be
appreciated!

Eric Hiser
Phoenix, AZ