Re: NH 1937 AAR boxcars

Peter Ness

Brian,
Funny you mention the 10'IH postwar cars....just completed those with
the Archer rivets (see the Archer rivets photo folder on STMFC) <G>.

Interestingly, photo evidence suggests these cars remained in script
herald until ca. 1966 when they were re-painted in the 'Alpert'
or 'Trustee' scheme. The same seems to hold true for the 31000-series
1937 AAR box cars. In effect, you can model many of the New Haven Box
Cars (except the 30000-series) in script herald up to 1960 (or beyond,
but that's past the scope of STMFC) and have a time-appropriate repaint
stencil.

Does your broadside of 36003 show the triangle stencil applied to the
right of the road number?

Regards,
Peter
--- In STMFC@..., "Brian J Carlson" <brian@...> wrote:

Thanks Peter, I have a Richard Burg broadside of 36003 c. 1959. At
first
glance, I thought the discoloration on the sill to the left of the
door was
just weathering. Upon close inspection, I see that is indeed a trust
plate.
I should have expected that location since it is the same as the PS-
1's and
postwar 10' IH cars.

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY