Re: Erie Box Car Image

Westerfield <westerfield@...>

Bob - The Erie car was built by Pressed Steel Car Co. circa 1902. I have the builder's photo but can't locate it at the moment. It was a standard design they used for about 3 years. The trucks are PSC's version of the Fox trucks but not Fox. Erie also ordered 50' furniture cars of the same design; a photo and plan appear in the 1906 CBD. The box car and Iowa Central car are identical except for so trim details. - Al Westerfield

----- Original Message -----
From: Gene Green
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 8:01 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Erie Box Car Image

http://www.yorkhistorical.org/Greigsviille/FromBarbItem4GreigsvilleFeedM
> illOldStateRoad.jpg
>
> (This link is TWO LINES LONG so be sure to use BOTH LINES to access
the
> link.)
>
> Bob Chaparro
> Hemet, CA

The Iowa Central had box cars that were quite similar to the ERIE car
pictured in that they, too, had Fox trucks, a pressed steel side sill
and were less than 40 ft. long. An example survives at North Freedom
wearing a later M&StL paint scheme.

Gene Green