Re: NH 1937 AAR boxcars

Peter Ness

Hi Brian,
I'll have to check the original drawings when I return home next
weekend. For last week and this I'm looking at scanned (and poorly at
that) images of the drawings from my current location.

Your math and suggested journal sizes certainly works.

Peter

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Leppert" <b.leppert@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Ness" <prness@> wrote:

Note the NH cars were equipped with 8 1/2 x 10
journals...read the capy data on the cars, these were not 50ton
trucks.
Not true. Although it's interesting that NH stenciled a 120000
Capy on
the cars, if you add the LdLmt and LtWt the sum is 169,000 lbs.,
which
means 5-1/2" X 10" journal size, or 50 ton trucks.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV