Re: Duryea UF, was Re: New Bulkhead HO scale 70-ton flatcar

Lawrence Rast

Any chance you'll be sharing those pics? I sure would love to see them.

Best,
Lawrence Rast

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:41 PM, william darnaby
<WDarnaby@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Be wary of any instructions in the Sunshine kit as it seems they rarely get
it correct concerning Duryea UF's. Their B&O M55 version is completely
wrong for example. A couple of weekends ago I photographed the Duryea UF of
an ex-B&O M26d or e in a park north of Milan, OH and, while many of the
details found in Sunshine kits are there, the parts application and
orientation are different from any Sunshine instructions I have seen.

Bill Darnaby

In a message dated 10/22/2008 4:44:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jimandlisa97225@verizon.net writes:

Sunshine sells "4 General American Duryea underframe parts/details for
modification of plastic & resin 40' boxcar kits" which might be useful.

Jim Hayes
Portland Oregon