Re: Air Dump Car Question...

Richard Brennan <brennan8@...>

At 08:44 PM 10/24/2008, Jack Burgess wrote:
That is what I was thinking too. Unfortunately, the photos that I have don't
show the rod that well. But if one side of the dump goes up, the other side
has to go down and thus it would seem that both rods need to be at mid-level
in the non-dump position. On the other hand, I might be mis-understanding
the operations....
I thought the clevis at the top of the non-extended piston rod was the pivot point...
and since the cylinder is inboard of the car side (as close to the center sill as possible)
it only makes the tilted car body appear to have been lowered on the non-extended side.
..but I too may be mis-understanding.

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA