Re: A Great Decline

Ray Breyer

"Earl T. Hackett" <hacketet@...> wrote:
>>Did any of the short car last into the 50s? A short car would
>>make an interesting addition to my car fleet.

Hi Earl,

Past 1952 and the K brake ban, you've essentially got four choices for a short boxcar on your roster: CN or CP "Fowler" single sheathed boxcars, ACL or SAL ventilated boxcars, DL&W or D&H double sheathed plain boxcars, or MP or NC&StL double sheathed boxes. A fifth option would be one of the 1100 or so NC&StL short all-steel rebuild cars, which I hear will be coming out as a resin kit some time in the near future.

Regards,

Ray Breyer