From: "Tom Madden" <tgmadden@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:20 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: New stuff from Speedwitch

Union Pacific welded underframe parts set (for Trix B-50-24/27 and
Sunshine B-50-32/33)
http://www.speedwitch.com/Models/p105.htm
[snip]

UP B-50-24/27 box car decals
http://www.speedwitch.com/Decals/d125.htm
Are the Trix and Marklin B-50-24/27 the same? I bought two of the
Marklin models with the Be Specific with large UNION PACIFIC lettering
when they first came out and would certainly use the above parts and
decals to upgrade/backdate them. Problem is, I was unable to strip the
one Marklin I tried using any paint stripper on hand. (Brake fluid,
Chameleon, Scalecoat, all with ultrasonic, alcohol without ultrasonic.)
I finally tried a light, low-angle grit blast, but that removed the
rivets as well as the paint. So now I have one. Any ideas??

Tom Madden