Naperville meeting

altuna1122 <cinderandeight@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Bernd Schroeder" <schroed2.bears@...>
wrote:

Hello Tom,

welcome to the wonderful world of Modelrailroading in Marklin-
Style...

basically, Marklin and Trix are the same, just that the Marklin is
the
AC-Version and Trix the DC-Version (reflecting the deeply rooted
separation
of the german HO MR scene). If you decide to replace the
underframe, it is
the same work.

as for paint removal, I seriously doubt that this can be answered
without
destructive testing (of which you have provided a thorough base
already).
I can try whether I have some success with some German products for
this
purpose on some leftover parts from a Trix boxcar which has been
reduced to
the sides in regards of useful parts (and even those require some
work,
since they are neither scale 10´ nor 10´6", but something in
between....

best regards

Bernd

firmly on the DC side of the trench