Re: 36' Fowler/Dominion cars and "almosts"...

destron@...

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Does anyone know of photos of the Roberval-Saguenay, Quebec Rly Light &
Power, DW&P and Sydney & Louisburg cars? Also, whether they were Fowlers
or not, I'd be interested in locating photos of the Wyandotte Terminal
cars in the list.

Charlie, what number series were the SM18s? If they're that close to the
CN Fowler stock cars, I think there could be a model there.

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

I don't know how they fit into the taxonomy of "Fowler" cars, but
comparing the Fowler CN cars with a CB&Q SM18 36' stock car they are very
close structurally and architecturally, varying
only in spacing of slats and placards, door style, etc..
They share the nearly the same steel side truss arrangement and have
almost identical top caps over the end braces. The Q cars may just have
these similarities by accident,
(they were built on underframes salvaged from early steel GS bottom dump
gons) as the SM18s look like they evolved from earlier classes of
composite and wood cars.... but the Fowlers look to me closer in
appearance than other road's stock cars overall.
Charlie Vlk

!DSPAM:1291,4910952289282037018051!

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC