Re: Atlas 1932 ARA Clinchfield car

pierreoliver2003 <pierre.oliver@...>

Richard,
With tongue firmly planted in cheek,

Is it NMRA Standards or Reccommended Practices?
I had a similar grouse with the Life Like Simplex bolster trucks and
was firmly but kindly reminded of the distinction on this forum.

Sharing your pain,
Pierre Oliver

Brian, I've had similar problems when changing trucks on Atlas
cars.
It's a major project. A better question is, why doesn't Atlas
conform to NMRA standards with regard to bolster height and truck
mounting dimensions. Granted, the NMRA standards committee is now
little more than a bad joke, but those standards have existed for
long time and are still followed (more or less, at least) by
almost
all other manufacturers. Atlas appears to be thumbing their
collective noses at those of us who aren't content to just pop the
model out of the box and put it on the track, regardless of
whether
the trucks are prototypically correct.

Richard Hendrickson