Re: 36' Fowler/Dominion cars and "almosts"...

Charlie Vlk

If I recall correctly, the Fowler Patent was based on a slotted hole in the structural members which allowed boards to be
moved to "tighten up" the sheathing. Many cars (most of those listed?) may not be true Fowler Patent Cars but simply
have the structural pattern ("sawtooth" pattern of framing/floor/sheathing) and other architecture of the Canadian Cars....
not to say that some US cars were not built under the patents.
For our purposes the elongated screw holes are probably not a major concern.... hidden behind the screw heads as they
are???
Charlie Vlk