Re: Fw: [cnw] FDDM&S Freight Cars

Richard Hendrickson

On Oct 27, 2008, at 6:42 PM, Carl J. Marsico wrote:

Anyone have any info regarding the below-referenced FDDM&S cars?

#15000-15106 Steel Box Cars, rebuilt USRA. These are former Rock
Island

cars purchased in 1957. Again, we have a couple of scans posted by Jim

Sands. We are looking for additional photos of these cars showing
the end

lettering and better shots of the side lettering. Did these have
Viking

roofs?

Attached is a scan of a W. C. Whittaker photo taken at Ogden, Utah in
May, 1959. Note the roof was Murphy rectangular panel, not Viking,
and that the trucks were USRA Andrews.

Richard Hendrickson