Re: Modeling a PS-5 Gondola in HO

Schuyler Larrabee

-----Original Message-----
From: Staffan Ehnbom
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Modeling a PS-5 Gondola in HO

There was an ad in the 1961 Car Builders' Cyclopedia with a drawing of the side and end of a PS-5.
No underframe
drawing and not the usual CBC detail type drawing.

Many years ago National Car Cast of Canada produced styrene side and end castings for a NYC gon.
The sides had great
similarities to the PS-5 sides but that every other of the PS-5 side ribs were heavier than the
others, which should be
fixable.
Staffan (or anybody), do you know if those NCC sides and ends were dead-on correct for any other
roads? I have a set (or two?) of them, guided by Jim Eager, and I think he said that there were
other prototype matches, but I have misplaced whatever notes I made at the time.

SGL