From: "Tim O'Connor" <timboconnor@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 10:40 AM
Subject: RE: [STMFC] RE: LIFE Magazine Photos- PFE Reefers

Is that photo really from Bisbee Arizona? I thought Bisbee was
only a copper mining town. I can't find any information in the
PFE book on an icing plant or large produce facility in Bisbee.
The wide valley with background mountains looks more like Colton
or some other California location... It's not unusual for photos
on web sites to be misidentified.

Tim O'Connor

Courtesy of Bruce Morden from Carpenteria, CA, we have this link to a
LIFE Magazine photo showing PFE reefers being loaded in Arizona:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?imgurl=72941a1fc7cd792c
<http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?imgurl=72941a1fc7cd792c>

Bob Chaparro
Moderator
Citrus Industry Modeling Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/citrusmodeling/ <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/citrusmodeling/>
Extremely 'cool' shot (sorry, bad pun). Would these reefers have been iced BEFORE this loading was
done, or after. I do see the "UNION ICE COMPANY" in the background.

SGL