Lime Hoppers

Ted Larson

In the fifties (and later), I saw hoppers of lime unloaded at the team
track of my central Minnesota home town, using the same kind of
elevators used for unloading coal for the steam plant at the local
school. I paid no heed to what road the hoppers were from, nor whether
they were open or closed. Does anybody have info about where
agricultural lime originated, what RR and type of cars it was shipped
in? I plan on having this traffic on my home layout, and would like
info so that I'm not guessing. Please cc: me directly with any replies
(so I don't have to "cut" them out of the list Digest).
Thanks

=====
Ted Larson

http://health.yahoo.com