Re: BCK boxcar roof color?

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

On Nov 24, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Bud Rindfleisch wrote:

I'm trying to help a friend with info on the roof color of the
Buffalo Creek boxcars, does anyone have that info? I am guessing when
new they were unpainted galvanized, but Champ's lettering book calls
for
b.c. red sides and roof and black ends. I know that many times those
sources are inaccurate.
Unpainted galvanized roofs. Some high angle shows appear to show black car
cement seam caps, may just be shadows, see pages 68 and 69 of the Morning
Sun book BR&P Vol 1.

You could have asked me this Saturday Bud.

Brian carlson