Re: P&LE 36' DS box trucks

Richard Hendrickson

On Nov 24, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Dean Payne wrote:

I built the F&C P&LE 36' DS box, and need only to know what trucks to
stick under it to get it on the layout. The F&C website has a photo of
the kit with Kadee Andrews trucks (for what that's worth), but the
only
prototype photo I've seen has regual cast (what the mfgrs. list
as "Bettendorf"... cringe) trucks.
What trucks were these delivered with, and when did they get the cast
sideframe trucks? I can't read the lot number on the online photo, and
don't remember what it is on the decal...

Dean,I have several photos that might answer your question, but it's
hard to help without a lot number or number series.

Richard Hendrickson