Philadelphia Quartz Type 21 tank car

Brian J Carlson <brian@...>

This past weekend I picked up a P2K Type 21 decorated for Philadelphia
Quartz in a black tank with yellow lettering. The car number was 506.
Knowing that P2k was very good about only putting accurate schemes on cars I
am sure the P&L is correct. I am trying to determine what trucks we applied
to these cars. A photo of POX 806 built in 1928 is on page 113 of
Kaminski's ACF Tank car book, but I believe this to be a later Type 27 based
on the build date. The series doesn't appear in Ed Hawkins roster in RPC
though. Given the way tank car leases changed, that is not surprising.

Any help on the trucks would be appreciated.

Brian J Carlson P.E.
Cheektowaga NY