Re: Pipe loads on the cheap

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Dean Payne wrote:
Are there any especially good sources for "pipe"? I've got a bunch of coffee stirrers, of course, but I don't know if there is something better. (Mine are a scale 35' 8" or so, 10" approx. OD)
That's a good size for small pipe. Larger pipe is well represented by drinking straws, especially the oversize ones used for milkshakes. As already mentioned, McDonalds has good ones. I've used them with grimy black paint and they look fine to represent linepipe.

Publishers of books on railroad history