Re: Polymer Corp., Ltd / Polysar tank cars

destron@...

Steve,

My guess, to judge from both what the earlier-mentioned C&O employee and
the hints in the photograph suggest, is that the meaning of the entry is
that the car is insulated, and used for transporting latex. It doesn't
mention what sort of insulation it is? I could see it being some sort of
thermal insulation to prevent extremes of temperature?

Frank Valoczy
Vancouver, BC

The entry in the UTLX listing is very cryptic, consisting of

INSULATED
LATEX

at the top of the column with the car numbers. There are a number of car
groups with INSULATED, but this series is the only one with LATEX.

Steve Hile