Re: Pipe loads on the cheap

Steve Stull

--- On Mon, 12/1/08, Schuyler Larrabee <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:From: Schuyler Larrabee <schuyler.larrabee@...>Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Pipe loads on the cheapTo: STMFC@...: Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:32 PMNot necessarily. Both steel pipe and concrete pipe can be joined for some non-pressure uses (drain lines, for instance) with a band which is drawn tight around the pipe. There is a specific terminology for this, but I have forgotten it, if I ever knew it to begin with. SGLSchuyler;Trade name for those connections is a fernco. Kind of an oversized radiatior hose clamp with a rubber gasket between the clamp and the pipes being joined.Steve StullWinslow 7076