From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of Steve Stull
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:08 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Pipe loads on the cheap

--- On Mon, 12/1/08, Schuyler Larrabee <schuyler.larrabee@...
<mailto:schuyler.larrabee%40verizon.net> >
wrote:From: Schuyler Larrabee <schuyler.larrabee@...
<mailto:schuyler.larrabee%40verizon.net> >Subject:
RE: [STMFC] Re: Pipe loads on the cheapTo: STMFC@...
<mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.comDate> : Monday, December 1, 2008, 6:32 PMNot necessarily. Both
steel pipe and
concrete pipe can be joined for some non-pressure uses (drain lines, for instance) with a band
which is drawn tight
around the pipe. There is a specific terminology for this, but I have forgotten it, if I ever knew
it to begin with.
SGLSchuyler;Trade name for those connections is a fernco. Kind of an oversized radiatior hose
clamp with a rubber
gasket between the clamp and the pipes being joined.Steve StullWinslow 7076