Re: construction pipes

SUVCWORR@...

Having had some experience with water well drilling pipe, the sections were
39 feet same length as rail. I suspect that was established because it would
fit in a standard 40 ft gon. I once worked for a company that had its own
wells in the basement of a groundskeepers house. We had to remove part of the
roof to pull the pipe when it developed holes. It used a submersible pump
and the well was 389 feet deep. We has to pull all of it.

Rich Orr

In a message dated 12/2/2008 11:20:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ed_mines@yahoo.com writes:

Aren't lot of these construction pipes (like the vitreous clay pipes)
a lot shorter than 40 feet?

Wouldn't at least some of them be loaded in gondolas?

I'm guessing that they are too heavy for a man to lift (steal) by
himself.

Ed

AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&;icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcn
taolcom00000002)