Re: Cudahy meat reefers

John Hile <john66h@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Brian Leppert" <b.leppert@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if these cars showed up in northern
California on the Southern Pacific or in Washington State on the
Northern Pacific, especially in the late 1940s?

Brian,

I have been slowly gathering info on the West Coast for modeling my
freight car fleet. Here's what I can add regarding Cudahy...

In the late 20's Cudahy is listed as having packing facilities in:
Fresno, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Bernardino, and San Francisco per an
ATSF Shipper's guide of the era.

Also, if you Google "chown pella cudahy portland" you will get to some
pics of a building that (according to the web sites) was used by
Cudahy in that city. When...I'm not sure.

John Hile
Blacksburg, VA